Things accomplished today:
- Odd-colored patch under the light fixture we replaced in the kitchen: painted.
- Peeling ceiling paint in the bathroom: scraped and re-painted.
- Warping and de-laminating bathroom door: liquid-nails’ed back into shape.
- Slow drain in upstairs bathroom: de-slowified.
Things I learned:
- Popcorn ceiling is terrible, in that it’s basically impossible to match an old application with a new one, and thus, if it ever needs to be repaired in any way, you almost have to re-paint the entire ceiling in that room.
- Popcorn ceiling is kind of awesome, in that it hides imperfections in the underlying surface, so the previous ceiling paint I didn’t entirely scrape off just kinda disappears.
- How have I lived 36 years without knowing about liquid nails? That stuff could fix the holes in the Titanic, I’m pretty sure. Never going to be without some in the house again.
- Kids will stuff anything down an open drain, just for the curiosity of it.
Things I may or may not have shop-vac’d out of the kids’ (and my!) bathtub drain:
- Seven pounds of hair (interesting as I don’t have any)
- Two matchbox cars
- A collection of bathtub markers
- One missing cat (alive)
- One missing cat (deceased)
- A previously undiscovered Dead Sea Scroll
- Five dollars